Britain and Eire added to US travel ban list

Mike Pence US Vice-President

The US government has added Britain and Eire to its European travel ban list.

President Donald Trump – who has tested negative for coronavirus – originally exempted the two countries.

He’d imposed a 30-day ban on travellers from 26 European countries.

Vice-president Mike Pence said in a White House press conference:

“In our taskforce meeting today, the president has made a decision to suspend all travel to the UK and Ireland, effective midnight Monday night, eastern standard time.

“Americans in the UK or Ireland can come home, legal residents can come home … they will will be funnelled through specific airports and processed.”

Mr Pence said there had been a “unanimous recommendation” from health experts to extend the travel ban.

 

 


About the Author

Philip Braund spent 16 years at the Daily Mirror as a reporter and news editor before moving to ITV. He was the series producer of the ground-breaking investigation programme The Cook Report, Managing Editor at ITV's Millbank Studios, and Head of News at ITV Central. He has won national and regional Royal Television Society awards for documentaries.



Back to Top ↑