Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

United Kingdom

Holiday Briton killed by exploding firework at New Year’s Eve party

©Jasmine, Facebook

A British man has died after a firework exploded in his face at a New Year’s Eve party in Thailand.

Gary McLaren was celebrating with his fiancé and friends when the cracker went off.

Advertisement

Mr McLaren, 50, from Corby in Northamptonshire, died at the scene – a bar in the busy Pattaya district.

He suffered serious facial injuries and didn’t respond to CPR treatment.

Mr McLaren, who was engaged to local girl Jasmine, had only arrived in Thailand a few days before.

The Bangkok Post reports a witness describing how Mr McLaren tried to light the firework twice before smoke began pouring out and it went off.

Police have taken a large firework as evidence.

His fiancée, Jasmine, was seen crying and hugging his body.

She posted a picture of the couple together in tribute:

“This is [our] last picture honey, you will be in my heart for ever babe. RIP Gary McLaren.”

Bar owner and friend Mike Cooperman added:

“RIP Gary, a good friend and brother, Jasmine please accept our deepest condolences and to his family.”

 

 

Comments

Latest Tweets

London Globe

Calls for EU to investigate Russian payments to Maltese dentist. london-globe.com/european-uni… zpr.io/DSCQfaBy9JKt #news #

Advertisement

You May Also Like

United Kingdom

Film director Ridley Scott has recalled the death of actor Oliver Reed while making the Oscar winning blockbuster Gladiator. Scott said hard-drinking Reed “just...

Business

The controversial Russian businessman Viktor Baturin, well-known for his years-long counterstanding with his wealthy sister Elena, widow of Moscow ex-mayor Yuri Luzhkov, is likely...

United Kingdom

The Tremeloes. Dave Munden centre Dave Munden the Tremeloes drummer – and often lead singer – with the 60s chart toppers has died. He...

United Kingdom

The Watneys Party Seven is making a comeback. The ubiquitous 70s beer was a bland fizzing bitter ridiculed by many. The drink’s insipidness helped...