Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

United Kingdom

More than two million UK homes face water ban as drought continues

Two million more homes are to be hit by a hosepipe ban as the drought continues.

People who break the ban face a fine of £1,000.

South East Water – which covers Kent and Sussex – will start the embargo on August 12th.

Details seen by the Daily Mail reveal other water companies could follow suit.

Advertisement

Lee Dance, South East Water’s head of water resources, said:

“Clearly, we are in a very dry and warm period and the forecast is that this may continue for a number of weeks.

“We have been looking very closely at the current situation and assessing the likelihood of restrictions and other measures.

“If our assessment reveals voluntary reduction of water use will not allow us to maintain supplies of water for essential use or to protect the environment, then we may need to impose more formal bans.”

Last week Southern Waters announced “a temporary ban for its customers in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.

The company added:

“This is one of many measures they and other water companies should consider to reduce unnecessary use of water and protect customer supplies and the environment.”

Comments
Advertisement

You May Also Like

Business

The controversial Russian businessman Viktor Baturin, well-known for his years-long counterstanding with his wealthy sister Elena, widow of Moscow ex-mayor Yuri Luzhkov, is likely...

United Kingdom

Film director Ridley Scott has recalled the death of actor Oliver Reed while making the Oscar winning blockbuster Gladiator. Scott said hard-drinking Reed “just...

European Union

On April 9, 2022 Dimash Qudaibergen’s first solo concert in Germany took place in Düsseldorf. The colossal energy and the atmosphere of unity did...

United Kingdom

The Watneys Party Seven is making a comeback. The ubiquitous 70s beer was a bland fizzing bitter ridiculed by many. The drink’s insipidness helped...