A man from Edinburgh has died, and his wife is fighting to save her life following a suspected leak of carbon monoxide at a holiday house in Spain.
Emergency crews discovered the body of Jaime Carsi on Majorca island on Saturday. Mary Somerville was also found next to him.
Ms Somerville remains in a critical condition at the intensive care unit of Manacor Hospital on the island.
It is believed that the couple was staying in Cala Mesquida, a town in northeastern Majorca.
Mr Carsi worked for an investment firm in Scotland. He claimed on social media that he was from Madrid, but lived in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Interfaith Association has paid tribute to Mr Carsi via Facebook.
One post stated: “[Jaime] had such a pure heart. He was very friendly and warm, with a lot of compassion.
“He was able to connect with people, and you felt better after speaking with Jaime.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mary and his family and friends.
A friend shared a photo of the couple and said: “You’ll be smiling down at us too from up there.” You left us far too soon.”
She also shared her “prayer and blessings”, “hope and Faith” with Ms Somerville.
More Scotland News:
Scottish Government accused of “interfering with independence of judiciary”
Air ambulance founder’s sudden death brings tributes
A friend of mine described Mr Carsi’s soul as “magnificent”.
She said: “Jaime Carsi entered my life and took residence in my heart so many years ago, in London.
“His spirit and smile are pure love. When he married sweet Mary, our beloved Edinburgh girl, it was like a marriage made in heaven. “You left us too early, my little one.”
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office spokeswoman said: “We support the family of an English national hospitalized in Mallorca. We are in touch with the local authorities.”