US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will be visiting Ukraine’s capital Kyiv today.
They will meet with Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zeleskyy to discuss the request of the country for more weapons to repel the Russian invasion.
On Saturday, Mr Zelenskyy announced his visit saying that he believed that he could get agreements with the United States. He also mentioned that a part of the package on arming Ukraine was already approved by the United States.
“We also have strategic questions regarding security guarantees that we need to address, and it is time for us to do so because the United States will be a leader in security countries for our country.
“As soon (more weapons) as there are enough, I believe that we will immediately retake this territory which is temporarily occupied.”
* Ukraine claims it has destroyed a Russian command center in Kherson, killing two generals. The third was critically injured. Russia has not commented.
* Russian forces continue to hold the southern city Mariupol, with approximately 2,000 Ukrainian troops fighting for their freedom. Civilians are taking refuge in a large steel plant. On Saturday, a failed attempt to evacuate civilians was made.
* Russia claimed it took control over several villages in eastern Donbas and destroyed 11 Ukrainian military targets.
* Ukrainian forces in Donetsk/Luhansk claimed that they defeated 12 Russian attacks Saturday. They destroyed four tanks, 15 armoured vehicles, and five artillery system.
* Three people were killed in a shelling incident that was reported in Kharkiv’s residential areas, according to Oleh Sinehubov, the regional governor.
The White House has not confirmed Mr Austin’s travel plans, and both the State Department of Pentagon and Pentagon declined to comment.
This comes as the war on Ukraine enters its third month. There is no end in sight. Many thousands are dead. Millions have fled their homeland. Cities are reduced to rubble.
According to Ukrainian officials, a baby girl aged three months was killed when Russia fired cruise missiles at Odesa, a Black Sea port.
Concerning the casualties, Mr. Zelenskyy stated that “the war began when this baby was just one month old.” Can you see what is happening?
“They are just ********… I don’t know any other words for them – just *******.”
According to reports, the baby’s grandmother and mother were also killed and 18 others were hurt.
Boris Johnson, the UK Prime Minister, spoke to Zelenskyy Saturday and confirmed that Britain would provide new weapons for Ukraine.
No 10 published a read-out of the call, which stated: “The prime minister confirmed the UK’s increased defense military aid, including drones and protected mobility vehicles.”